Veterinary Nurse Roles
Are you an experienced, self-motivated veterinary nurse OR Talented Trainee wanting to work in a large team based Advanced General Practice?
Being a larger practice, veterinary nurse positions become available from time to time so we always welcome applications from people who genuinely want to pursue a career in veterinary nursing
Minimum requirement for consideration is enrollment in Cert IV Veterinary Nursing.
We need people who shares our values in team work, customer service and patient care; have a friendly and welcoming personality and who are not afraid of the sometimes hard work and challenges that go along with the job.
There are huge expectations placed on the Veterinary profession by the public which off course filters down to every member of the team. This means every day will bring its own adventures and challenges.
Hours – Flexible:
From 20 Hours per week or more depending on preference.
Flexible rotating roster with shared weekends and Public Holidays
Our nurses work across all areas of Veterinary Practice to include: Routine surgery – Advanced Surgery – Regenerative Medicine – Hospital Patient Care – 24 Emergency Care – Canine Rehabilitation and Front of House roles including Reception.
While a typical veterinary nurse role covers all these areas, we know that everyone is different. Some of you prefer reception and client care roles while others would rather work in the hospital area taking care of patients and assisting with surgery.
This has lead us to create specific roles that provide opportunities for you to excel in the areas you love.
Roles currently available include:
Hospital Role (Patient Care and surgery) Cert IV Qualified or experienced only OR
Reception Role (Front of house customer service, appointment scheduling) – Cert IV Qualified or Experienced
Trainee Vet Nurse – Become a skilled allrounder (Current students only)
Want variety? – you can work across more than one area.
Attributes necessary for this position:
- You’re a natural “people person” who can communicate effectively with clients – both verbally and face to face
- You’re committed to team achievements over personal wins. You understand that if the team wins you do too
- You’re committed to ongoing learning and personal development – you enjoy learning about new modalities and treatments that can help people and their pets
- You have good time management skills – you’re never too busy to do the important things
- You’re flexible enough to cover extra shifts if needed from time to time
- You respect practice policies and systems designed to deliver high standards of customer service and patient care
- Occasional late night duties can’t bother you as we care for our patients 24/7 and you can’t be guaranteed to get out on time.
- You have your own vehicle to get to work
- You live within a comfortable 30 min drive from our practice
Pay will be according to qualifications and additional skills you can bring to the team.
If you’re interested in working with us in any of the available roles – please send through your CV as well as a cover letter putting forward your suitability for this role. Of course – if you need further information before submitting your application – please get in touch.
Email: [email protected]