Veterinary Nurse Roles
Are you an experienced, self-motivated veterinary nurse OR Talented Trainee wanting to work in a large team-based Advanced General Practice?
Being a larger practice, veterinary nurse positions become available from time to time so we always welcome applications from people who genuinely want to pursue a career in veterinary nursing
The minimum requirement for consideration is enrolment in Cert IV Veterinary Nursing.
We need people who share our values in teamwork, customer service and patient care; have a friendly and welcoming personality and who are not afraid of the sometimes hard work and challenges that go along with the job.
There are huge expectations placed on the Veterinary profession by the public which of course filters down to every member of the team. This means every day will bring its own adventures and challenges.
- You’re a natural “people person” who can communicate effectively with clients – both written and face to face
- You’re Tech Savvy and can find your way around software programs and apps
- You’re committed to team achievements over personal wins. You understand that if the team wins you do too
- You’re committed to ongoing learning and personal development – you enjoy learning about new modalities and treatments that can help people and their pets 👩🎓
- You have good time management skills – you’re never too busy to do the important things
- You’re flexible enough to cover extra shifts if needed from time to time
- You respect practice policies and systems designed to deliver high standards of customer service and patient care
- Occasional late night duties can’t bother you as we care for our patients 24/7 and you can’t be guaranteed to get out on time.
- You have your own vehicle to get to work
- You live within a comfortable 30 min drive from our practice
You are also someone who:
- Enjoys working in a larger team (20+ nurses) and in a specific role each day ✅
- Has perhaps outgrown what a smaller practice has to offer and is looking for more challenges in their role? ✅
- Wants to further their skills in the latest techniques in medicine and work with the very latest equipment to include: Laser Surgery – Hyperbaric Medicine – CT and MRI imaging and more ✅
- Is passionate about educating clients about the different treatment options available for pets to help them live healthier and happier lives for longer ✅
- Cares deeply about the quality of their own work and contribution to the team ✅
- Values further educational opportunities as a reward for dedicated effort ✅
- Can rise to the occasion during busy times to help everyone get through the day
Current Positions Available – February 2020
Experienced Hospital Nurse
We’re looking for a Veterinary Nurse whose passion is patient care & teamwork in a busy hospital environment
This role is dedicated primarily to hospital duties and includes the following tasks and responsibilities.
- Planning and preparing patients and resources for surgical and diagnostic procedures (Diagnostic procedures include: Radiology / Ultrasound / CT Imaging / MRI Imaging)
- Assisting in surgery and diagnostic procedures
- Running tests through our in house Idexx Lab suite
- Performing patient admissions and discharges
- Liaising with clients and keeping them updated throughout the day
- Billing routine and commonly performed procedures
- Working with our Hospital Manager to ensure procedures run on time and are completed in a timely manner
- Working collaboratively with the medical and surgical team to ensure standards of care are met across all areas of the hospital
This suits an experienced nurse who loves veterinary nursing but prefers to move into more hospital-based activities in preference to front of house reception tasks.
Potential career paths include Emergency and Critical Care Nursing – Advanced Surgical / Medical Nursing – Hospital Management.
🦉Further Ed opportunities are available for the right person.
Job Role Requirements
Because we are a 24 Hr Care facility, our hospital nursing shifts cover all hours 7 days a week.
This means your roster will include a combination of morning, afternoon and overnight shifts over a 4 week period.
Penalty rates apply to any hours worked nights and weekends as per the award.
You will need to be available to work a minimum of 4 shifts per week averaged over the roster period.
Overnight hospital shifts involve working with our after-hours duty vet and include triaging incoming calls and taking care of our inpatients. These are shared across the team resulting in an average commitment of approx. one night per week.
If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to our team at email@example.com
If you are ready to apply – please click the link below ⬇ to start your application.
Only applicants who complete this process will be considered for the position.
I’m ready to apply 👍
Canine Rehabilitation Assistant
We’re excited to announce that we’re looking to add an extra Canine Rehabilitation Assistant to our Rehab Team.
🐶This is a unique position in a Veterinary Facility which means we are looking for a person who has the required background and skills.
You would be joining a team of 2 Certified Canine Rehabilitation Veterinarians, 2 Certified Canine Rehabilitation Assistants along with other vets and assistants currently working towards their certification in Canine Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine.
Our facilities include:
- 2 Hydrotherapy units
- Therapy pool
- Class IV Laser
- Gait Analysis unit and more
We are looking for someone with proven experience in a veterinary clinic and wants to pursue a career in Canine Rehabilitation. Ideally, you have already undergone further training or education in this or a similar field or you’re looking for a place to support you in the practical components of your future studies.
Other skill requirements include:
Excellent written and face to face communication skills and an ability to build trusting relationships with these special clients and their pets
- Sound animal observational and handling skills
- Good time management skills to ensure patient treatments and visits are completed as planned
- Sound understanding of veterinary terminology for writing up client reports
- Ability to perform specific patient treatments under guidance
We work with mainly sporting dogs, dogs recovering from orthopaedic and spinal surgery and seniors.
This is a full – time position that covers both weekdays as well as rotating weekend shifts to provide the required therapies to our hospitalised patients.
Pay is negotiable depending on skills and experience in the different modalities.
Educational opportunities are available for the right person after 12 months of employment.
If you’re interested in this position but would like to know more, please feel free to visit our facilities and meet the team to see if we’re the right fit for you. If you have any further questions please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Otherwise, if you’re ready to apply, please click on the link below 👇 to submit your application